The Wellbeing Science Institute was born out of a desire to help create more flourishing cities, communities, organisations and individuals.
The backbone of our approach lies in a holistic, positive and developmental wellbeing perspective supported evidence-based science. We strongly believe that self-determination leads to higher levels of engagement motivation and higher quality wellbeing outcomes. Therefore, capability transfer is central to everything we do.
Being First Requires Innovation (not imitation)
We believe true innovation drives behaviour change.
Some of our “Wellbeing Firsts” include:
- Designing the world’s first Nationally Recognised Training Program for Elite Athlete Wellbeing Management
- Developing the current NRL/RLPA Player Wellbeing strategy, process, tools, training based on neuroscience, positive psychology and self-determination theory.
- Authoring the first undergraduate sport psychology degree in the southern hemisphere
- Developing and implementing the first holistic and integrated sport science program for elite ATP tennis players
- Designing and delivering the first government approved course for personal trainers in Australia
- Establishing the first Industry Association for Personal Trainers in Australia
Some of Our Other Achievements
- Performance psychologist for elite athletes and teams including tennis, rugby league & super rugby, international level swimming (Europe), football, cricket, and a wide variety of other sports
- 7 years Sport Psychology & Sport Coaching Lecturer & Tutor at Sydney University, Western Sydney, University of Wollongong.
- Former Faculty at Harvard Medical School’s Post Graduate Leadership Program (Boston USA)
- Travelling Sport Science Coach (2 years) on the (ATP) Professional Tennis tour
- Successfully worked with NRL Clubs and Coaches including during a Grand Final-winning year.
- Wellbeing Consultant/Advisor to major national/international sporting codes and clubs in Rugby League, Super Rugby, Cricket and Swimming
- NSW State of Origin Origin Pathways performance psychology and coach development consultant
- Front office consulting to Elite Sport Franchises/Clubs in Rugby League, Super Rugby, Swimming, Cricket
- Program Manager ING Global Leadership School, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Australian & USA Registered Psychologist (B.A. M.Sc. Psychology) & M.A. Management